Wednesday 15 April 2015

Connecting Essay 5

Internet Photograph:

 My Photograph:

In the photograph from the internet that I chose the photographer has zoomed right in and focused on chunks of the powdery make-up rather than the powder itself. This idea is evidence of a beauty routine and almost like a rebellion against what society makes us think we should do. The idea of crushed make-up throws many people into disarray due to the fact it costs such a high expense therefore crushing it is almost like telling the beauty industry that society doesn't need instruction of how they should look, think and behave.

In my own photograph that I took I chose to keep fairly zoomed out in order to catch the splatters of powder at the edge of the frame almost as if it represents an explosion of powder, an explosion of rage against the beauty industry. I used two contrasting colours of powder in order to show the many different things that we apply to our faces in order to recreate the looks that the beauty industry convince us that we have to replicate. I wanted to crush make-up for my photography shoot in order to express the opinion that make-up shouldn't be compulsory.

These photographs are both similar because they both focus on powdered substances which have been crushed and destroyed however the first photo shows more of the compact shapes still in tact whereas the second photograph is literally almost completely crushed powder. A difference between my photograph and the photograph from the internet is that the photograph from the internet is taken from above and is much more zoomed in however my photograph is taken more from the front and zoomed out much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment