Thursday 2 April 2015

Connecting Essay 2

Internet Photograph

My Own Photograph

The photograph I chose from the internet depicts a fading transition from a pair of human eyes to a pair of animal eyes, I like they layout of this photograph due to the fact it helps the photo to fade in a nice subtle way, in the top and bottom photos the images are clear however the two middle ones are merged images that look like a mix of animal and human eyes. I like the way the photos have been perfectly positioned in order to keep a strong line down the middle and keep the symmetry of the multiple imagery-esque photo.

In my own photograph that I chose my idea was to focus on how every persons eyes differentiate for example the shapes; are they round or oval shaped? the colour; are they blue or green? lashes; long or short? size: big or small? hooded? makeup? the ways in which peoples eyes are different could be further listed too. I also chose this theme due to the way it links with evidence, for example on many of the girls in this photograph there is evidence of makeup. I wanted to explore the idea that many people in society share that we should change our identities to fit in. Make-up and the beauty industry are a prime example of this.

I think these photographs are similar in both theme and layout. Both of these photographs share the theme of changing your identity due to the fact that the first image shows a transition from one thing to another whereas the second image is the example of how various different people have altered their appearance. Secondly, the layout of both these photographs are the same, they both use a vertical drop down effect where the photographs are almost listed. Another similarity is how both the internet photograph and my own photograph share the same amount of distance between the lens and the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment